In these forums we are always getting great "what to do" advice from talented photographers and it is certainly appreciated. In this case, I thought i would share a lesson learned and "what not to do" I believe the photo below could have been one of those "great wildlife shots" had I just taken a split second to look at the shooting parameters at the bottom of my viewfinder. Unfortunately, I was so entertained by the birds, I forgot all about the camera settings which resulted in a bad shot of a great moment. I had just completed one shooting situation and was on the road hoping to find another, and I did. What I failed to do is re-establish my basic shooting parameters for the environment beforeleft the previous situation; The result was ISO too high, shutter speed to slow and aperture too narrow.Ultimately---just enough motion blur to hose the shot.

Shooting parameters: Canon 50D, 100-400L, ISO 400. 1/250th, F11

Lessons Learned: (1) Though you can't be prepared for every shooting situation, you can be prepared for the general shooting conditions. (2) Rather than making(significant) adjustments when you arrive at a new shooting situation.......Make adjustments when youcomplete the previous situation.

The name of this shot is "Entertaining the Ladies"

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.23/_5F00_MG_5F00_9808.JPG[/img]