Stirring up an old topic (I'm bored this afternoon...). APS-H means you can't go as wide as full-frame or APS-C (at least within the Canon lens lineup). This was a long, slow, hard lesson to learn for me with a 1D3. The math sometimes eludes people, but APS-C has the EF-S 10-22, which is the same as 16-35 on a full frame. Full frame of course has the 16-35, and it has the 14/2.8. But the widest you can get is the 14 on a 1.3x sensor, so 18.2mm effective. As a result, FF goes widest (14mm), APS-C is next-best (EF-S 10-22 is 16mm effective), APS-H is worst at 18mm effective.

Plus, if you peruse the LensRentals blog, you'll see Roger make a rather insightful comment: he sees digital cameras as a two-year supply of film, purchased "up front". After two years, the new models are just that much better that in his eyes, it's time for an upgrade. I find this to be true, or at least I find that I get the "new camera itch" about every two years (which usually means it's a third year before I save up to make the purchase).