In the next couple of weeks I am going to be purchasing a Gen4 Glock 19 for myself. I know, shame on me for not putting that money towards camera stuff, right?

Anyways, when I get it, I won't be shooting it immediately. I want to, while it is still brand new and pretty looking, take some product-esque (is that even a word?) photos of it. I have a 5D MkIII, with a 24-105, 50 1.4, and 100mm macro to work with, as well as a 320EX flash with an off camera cord..

I was just wondering if there was any tips or tricks to really get it to look awesome. I imagine most of it will come down to lighting, but is there anything else I should be aware of? Tips for a backdrop or placement? I've never tried shooting like this and I feel like the Glock will be a great subject.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated, and feel free to share any shots you'd like to see when I get around to shooting. I'll have at my disposal the handgun (obviously), 3 magazines, a box or two of rounds, and the hard case it all comes in. If you have any ideas to incorporate those, that will be great.

Thanks everyone!