Thread: Favorite Links, Blogs or Books

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Favorite Links, Blogs or Books

I would like to spend some time learning more about photography. Both the science behind photography and the actual art of image capture. I was wondering if everyone could share their favorite websites, links, blogs or books?

Just to get this started:
    • This website, of course. I tend to think about TDP more about gear reviews, but they have really been expanding their tips page.
    • "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. I have given this book a couple of times to beginning photographers. I should probably start by rereading it. In short, I view this book as a great place to learn about the creative control of photography.
    • Darwin Wiggett. He has www.darwinwigett.com and www.oopoomoo.com. I discovered Darwin Wiggett relatively early on. Has a great mix of tips, tech reviews, and photos on his pages.
    • Because of the posts and Adorama's support of TDP, I have watched several of the videos on AdoramaTV. The ones I've watched so far are very good.

In addition, I also noticed this deal go by on TDP news. Anyone have any thoughts as to if this is a worthwhile investment of time and, at $89, less significant but money?
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 01-08-2014 at 12:35 PM.