Benjamin,

Thanks for your compliments. Yes ISO 100 would be an improvement over ISO 800 or any other ISO for that matter. It was an overcast day and i was shooting between f8 and f16 so there wasn't a lot of light to work with. I was lowering the ISO whenever the sun peaked out (which wasn't often). Tripods unfortunately weren't allowed after 12 which would have let me have more keepers. I'm sure they would have had a fit if I pulled out the Plamp to steady the flowers from the wind which was an issue. So I figured it was better to shoot at 800 and get crisp shots then to shoot noiseless shots at 100 that were blurry. If you look at Brians 1DsMarkIII link noise is very well controlled in the 100% crop sample even up to ISO 800.

I didn't use any noise removal on these small web samples to preserve the fine detail of the flowers and I don't see any visible noise. On the 16X20 prints I plan on making I will use a minimum amount of noise removal. I will try and post a 100% crop of one of the images later tonight to see the low noise level. The 1Ds Mark III is a phenominal camera and worth every cent.