Thread: Buying a new Canon (probably APS-C) some question and doubts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Buying a new Canon (probably APS-C) some question and doubts

Hi all!

Actually, i'm using the Canon 600D that we gifted to my father for his 60th birthday! (i know 60D could have been more appropriate but :-p)

My actual lens park is:

(family use)
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm F 3.5-5.6 IS II
    Canon EF 70-300 mm f/4-5,6 IS USM

(bought by my own)
    Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
    Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM

I have started studying and practicing photography since the early of this year, and i found the Canon 600D very good for my shooting purposes.

I love landscapes, little nature views, or some nice particulars that i see around.

Sometimes i will shoot at sport events, but nothing serious.

But, there is a but, the camera is property of my father also if he uses it just rarely.

I would like to buy a new camera for me.

I readed comparison, reviews and some other stuffs.

And the 60D was the camera that, for the affordable price & characteristics, was close to my interests.

When i will lose the 600D, i also will lose the standard kit lens, so i would like to replace it with the

Tamron 17-50 F 2.8 Not Stabilized version

All around, with a 800-850 euro i should be able to buy a 60D + Tamron lens.

So, with the:

10-18
    17 - 50
    70 - 300

I will "cover" nearly all the angles that i would like to shoot.

And that is good.

My doubt is: photography has been very important to me lately. I mean, i don't want it as a work, but it has replaced for me the same satisfaction that i use to get when i play an instrument.

So, yeah... it mean something to me.

I also checked the chance to get a FF camera, and the 6D seems the good-affordable solution.

My doubt are the lenses. They are pretty expensive, and also the camera body is around 1300 euros.

I'm not looking for used products, too many bad experience.

To cover my "range of interest ranges"

10-18
    17 - 50
    70 - 300

Probably i have only: 40mm and 70-300mm

I would lose a wide-angle lens (10-18) which i can substitute with a fixed focal lens (Samyang? 14mm) with a moderated price, and i need a general purpose lens like a 24-105 that is cheap for the lens, but not cheap in general.

The passage to a full frame is something around (1300 + 350 (14mm?) + 550 -> ) around 2200 euros, which is a great difference to 850 euros.

Obviously the FF have many advantages. The overall quality, the high-iso noise reduction.

Do you think that this should be worth?

Mantaining the APS-C also means that my lens will be compatible with my father camera.

I know that before of a good equipment comes a good photographer, and before a good camera a good lens, but is a forum, so... i would like to hear your opinion.

Thank you all
    Last edited by jamsus; 09-03-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus