It's summer time, I'm looking for a backpack for hiking purposes. The problem right now with most photography backpacks available is that they are designed only for holding camera gears and almost nothing else (like a lowepro nature trekker). Other bag not design for photography simply cannot hold a camera safely enough to not make me worry. So basically what I really want is a normal sized (similar to the Lowerpro Rover and can be brought onto a flight) backpack that will hold some of my photo gear and lots of other personal stuff. (a rain jacket, food, water, a handbag from my girlfriend, some first aid stuff and so on...)

I have been looking at the Lowepro Rover and the Dryzone Rover, they seem to be decent bags but I just want something that's focused on personal storage while can take some gear (like one camrea one lens) safely. Is there anything like that? Or is there anything that's better than the Lowepro Rover/CompuRover/Dryzone Rover? Price is not a big factor as long as it's a good value.

I have a Naturetrekker and a Nova 180.

Thanks for help in advance.