In the near future, I will have my very first white lens, the 100-400L II. Since it carries a rather hefty price tag, I'd like to protect it any way I can. I have seen people with camouflage lens covers on their lenses, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

The Lens Coat for the new 100-400L II isn't yet available, but I am going to assume that it will be available in all the colors/patterns they have on their website. I was planning on getting white or black, since I have no need for camouflage covering. My questions are, how does it stay on? Is it just an elastic-y fit? Is there any adhesives? Is it padded at all, or is it just a cover for rain/dust/etc? Is it easy to put on/take off? Are they worth it?

Also, right now I own two camera bags, a small one that I can keep my 5D3 with 24-105L mounted, as well as filters and a few other small accesories. I also have a backpack type bag that can carry the previously mentioned items, as well as my 50 1.4, my 100mm Macro, my flash, all my other accessories, and it will still have room for the 100-400L II. What I am looking for is a shoulder slung bag that I will be able to hold the 24-105L, the 5D3, and the 100-400L II. Nothing too big, preferably something that is just big enough for that.

Thanks in advance everyone.