Thread: Critique Wanted!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    re: aperture. I'm not sure how good it is for the lens (this link says it should be fine) but I've heard of setting the aperture, pressing the DOF preview button, and disconnecting the lens. You now have your reversed lens at your desired aperture.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    re: aperture. I'm not sure how good it is for the lens (this link says it should be fine) but I've heard of setting the aperture, pressing the DOF preview button, and disconnecting the lens. You now have your reversed lens at your desired aperture.
    OK now that is interesting David! But for the life of me there is no depth of field button on the camera like I see on all the others i’ve looked and looked and there is not dedicated button for it on the body I can find... that said I went into the custom functions and gave it a designated button that I don’t use really so...

Now I just need to test it out just down the road from a plum tree has started to blossom so I guess that means I’ve got my first test subject and these are small flowers so it should work pretty well and if this does work well then I just hit gold!

thanks David I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John 3:16
    My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/191336345@N02/
    Canon T5(1200D) Canon EF40mm f/2.8 STM, Canon EF100mm f/2.8 MACRO. Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM