I will say that the place is set up well and Gene really worked it for us in terms of perch set ups, feeders and other constant efforts to help us get the most out of our visit.

Each day was divided into a morning and afternoon session with about a 3-4 hour break so we could go back to our hotel, eat lunch, download the morning images and chill. I think three days was plenty and a person could get a great experience with 2 days. The ranch is maybe 15-20 minutes from town and not difficult to find.

The mornings were very comfortable but the afternoons (especially our first day) can get extremely hot ..... some cold water and a small battery operated fan might be a couple of items to put on your list. Gene had bottled water in the blinds but at ambient temperature. Better than nothing but when it's 100 outside a bottle of 100 degree water isn't what you're looking for

I brought my EF 600mm f/4 and kept it tripod mounted with a 5D MKIV and used the R5 + 100-500mm hand held.

The R5 saw most of the action and did very well.....the AF performs extremely well and despite extreme ambient temperature there were no over-heating issues. My camera actually felt hot but never malfunctioned.

We all got thousands of images (especially Brant!) .... here are a few of my first day efforts: