Thread: Spend time with those you love.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you all for your condolences. I did end up being the photographer for the funeral. I just volunteered as they had no one. Needless to say it was by far the hardest shoot I ever did. Just because of the emotional aspect. At one point I had to stop shooting and go to another room. Not fun.

Thankfully my awesome wife was there to help me. It was very difficult.

I'm glad I was there for it, it's never anything anyone likes to do. But I have I no regrets and now they have some decent pics to remember the funeral by.

I guess it doesn't change what I think of Covid, well maybe I'm really mad at it for ripping someone from my life. If that makes sense. So now there is an emotional component now.

BTW, it was in Georgia while I'm in Washington state. We heard late Mon, figured out logistics Tue morning, asked both our work can we can we take the rest of the week off starting two hours from now, grab the first plane here. And 24 hours later with no sleep get to my Aunts place, grabbed a bite to eat and finally get two hours of sleep. Needless to say we slept good.

All worth it, definitely.

Just wanted to share that and makes me appreciate the rest of my extended family even more and I will be keeping in much closer touch from now on.

Any good spots for photo ops in Georgia? In Atlanta.

I only packed my 1Ds III and 85mm f/1.2. Was gonna snap up the 400mm DO before I left. But we didn't have the time. Next time.
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 09-23-2021 at 04:03 PM.