Thread: CFExpress Cards Speed Tests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks John.

The only other thing I would consider is heat. I have heard that there is a difference between card brands. This is a new review site to me, but, after a search, I found this, granted that was generated moving 85 GB of 8K video. In looking at the SanDisk review, they also found that SanDisk started throttling speed as it went above 65 C, but they still gave the 512 GB SanDisk their gold seal.

It seems that they are updating their comparison tables with each Type B card review. The Delkin Black is looking very good, and actually starting to get to much better "sustained" write speeds (double the Sandisk) when transferring while maintaining cooler temps. But, then looking at the data that they consider more real world, the two is virtually identical and 15 GB in 31 secs = 483 MB/sec. So, the main benefit may be cooler temps.

I use both the 128 GB (my original) and 512 GB SanDisk cards (bought for Laguna Seca trip). Both great and I haven't noticed a difference, but that is how I shoot. I have noticed that after pulling them out of the card reader, they are hot. No doubt about that.

Enjoy the R3 .
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 09-29-2021 at 02:04 PM.