Thread: Lens to pair with RP for travel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I appreciate the input. Sounds like you both feel that 35mm is not wide enough, something that worried me, too. The EF 28mm with adapter performs well on the RP, so that I will likely use for the wide shots.

The lenses you mention, Fast Glass, are heavier than I want to carry for this kind of trip. The RF 24-240 IQ concerns me for the important 28-50mm range of focal length.

I would love any feedback from forum members who have real-world experience with that lens , or with the RF 24-105 f/4-7.1. Maybe the mid-frame is better than I think from test charts.

If I haven't made it known by now I'm not excessively worried about weight. Lol.

But I do understand that not everyone is me. I'm just trying think out loud and maybe look at it in other ways. Even if you go for a very light weight setup you at least looked at it from all sides and are confident you made the right choice for you application.

But more to the topic, I don't think you can go wrong with a 24-105mm. Very good IQ in a extremely versatile package. If this was your only lens you could take many fine photographs with it.

If you matched it up with compact prime and you have a very versatile setup that doesn't weigh a ton by any means.

Ok, I'll be quiet now.
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 01-30-2022 at 06:12 AM.