Thread: 24-70 2.8 or 28-70 2.0 or 24-105 4.0???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    I have reassigned my DOF preview button to toggle between 1.6 crop mode and FF (a Joel Eade suggestion, ).
    What a great idea -- I've now done the same. Thanks! I just wish there was a similarly quick way to switch between mechanical and electronic shutter. I have it programmed as a custom menu item, so that will have to do unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    What a great idea -- I've now done the same. Thanks! I just wish there was a similarly quick way to switch between mechanical and electronic shutter. I have it programmed as a custom menu item, so that will have to do unless I'm missing something.
    Can you set up different C# (custom) modes and use the M.Fn button to cycle through them? That’s what I do on my R3 (although for me it’s all electronic shutter with 3, 15 and 30 fps).

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Can you set up different C# (custom) modes and use the M.Fn button to cycle through them? That’s what I do on my R3 (although for me it’s all electronic shutter with 3, 15 and 30 fps).
    That worked! Brilliant. I've always ignored the C# modes in the past, but this is a great reason to use them. Many thanks!