Thank you for your reply. I'm covered on bags, I have three to choose from and two of them have rain covers. The third one is my ruck that has saved my gear a few times when I got caught out in the rain. It sheds water nicely and is easy on the back when loaded. Still trying to decide what gear I will bring so that will decide the bag. Thanks to your links, I've narrowed it down to the Ruggard and one from Think Tank. I almost pulled the trigger on the Ewa-Marine U-B 100 but decided I needed something that was easy on, easy off. Forgot about something to wipe my front element off, so thanks for mentioning that; it's the small things that get overlooked.

Thanks for posting a couple of pictures. Like the fireworks one a lot. As I understand it, the fireworks are only on Friday and Saturday. My trip is only three days at the beginning of the week, I have other commitments at the end of the week. A few night shots are on my list and hopefully I can get a shot of the mist with the lights. I live three hours away so my first day is packed with non falls activity.

Appreciate your help and suggestions.