Another year and another trip to Costa Rica and photographing sloths.

These are Two Toed Sloths. Different location, these were taken at Le Perica Sloth Garden on the Osa Peninsula. Which is a great place, and I do love what they are doing. But it a stretch of property set between a cattle farm and a Palm oil farm (Palm trees). Same farmer developed both and, as the story goes, his wife wanted to leave the forest along the creek near their house undeveloped. Then, she wanted a path system so she could take walks. They are both older now (they are the grandparents of the guide), but sloths seem to really like that smaller stretch of land. We saw 9 sloths, 8 Three toed and 1 Two toed. I just posted one picture, here are a few others:

This sloth was moving between trees and paused for a second to check me out.
537A2225 by kayaker72, on Flickr

While I do like this image, I had my 500 mm f/4 on my R5. So I couldn't get the whole body in.
537A2280 by kayaker72, on Flickr

But, and I might start trying this, on these next two images, even though I was too close (and couldn't back up) I took multiple images and did a pano-merge in LR. Insert jokes about Sloths being slow enough to be part of the landscape, but there was movement, and LR did a nice job of merging the images so you don't see it.

537A2138-Pano-2 by kayaker72, on Flickr

537A2363-Pano by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing!

Brant