Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
There was another from a couple of years ago with what looks like 1x+1.4x+2x (or a TC zoom) with the ability to also add drop-in filters and maybe a kitchen sink, but that one does not look like something that would be made into a product (in theory it could, because of course 'reduction to practice' is needed for a patent, it just seems rather impractical).
I read the actual patent for that one (as opposed to the blog post coverage) and it looks more like a mount adapter patent for video applications (matching a larger image circle to a smaller sensor with simple magnification optics, variable ND or image stabilization possibly being added). Not really a TC patent at all.

Meanwhile, FedEx has my 100-300/2.8. FedEx Ground used to be reliably an overnight delivery from NJ (B&H, Adorama), but now it's usually two days for delivery though sometimes they get things to me faster. Two days would be fine if it was fixed, but I'm not a fan of the variability. I live in a nice, safe neighborhood but even so I'd prefer not to have a $10K lens sitting in front of my garage until I get home. In this case, I switched the delivery to a nearby pickup location. Sure, B&H sends things like this as 'direct signature required' but since Covid our regular FedEx drivers ignore that and just leave the packages. Even wine club shipments that require not only a signature but one from someone over 21 are left in front of the garage.