Thread: R1, general thoughts and updated info.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass View Post
    Well Adorama accidentally leaked the R1 specs. Gist of it was 30mp, 240fps and a dual sensitivity sensor similar to their cinema products which promises 16 stops of dynamic range.
    Seems that was bogus, as it was a straight copy-paste from a Canon Rumors spec list (and I really doubt Canon would ever claim something like 'Better dynamic range than the EOS R3 and EOS R5' in a spec list). Current rumor is a 24 MP sensor with a faster readout speed than the R3, with an AF system that can detect horizontal lines. Plus the 'Action Priority AF' that Canon mentioned in the development announcement.
    Last edited by neuroanatomist; 05-30-2024 at 02:45 PM. Reason: correct typo

If that's the case it is all bogus.

Canon rumors is just a gag site full of speculation under the pretense of having some kind of inside connections. Unless it comes from Canon or some kind of known source. (Which we would all be able to reference). Everything else is just them making up stuff out of thin air.

I would have thought Adorama be more reliable than that to just quote known baseless rumors.

But I agree with your sentiment of the verbiage. I only briefly looked at it once and going off memory.