I have a 14" M1 Pro MBP, and wife has 16" M1 Pro MBP. I find the 16" to be quite heavy, and wouldn't want to be lugging it around, though the extra screen real estate is nice. Perhaps find a store where you can judge for yourself.

Apple offers the Max chip in the 14" model as well. Both of these have cooling, only the MacBook Air is fanless. The first 14" Max vs 16" Max video I found shows the same scores in Geekbench 6, but also the same scores in Cinebench, where you'd expect an extended runtime to potentially cause throttling (it's a 10 minute test).

If under heavy load a lot, the 16" does have a larger battery, and will last longer. That said, the only time you'll really make use of the Max's extra performance is during an extended operation, such as AI noise reduction, export, or panorama stitching. Everything else is pretty much immediate already on an M1 Pro. If you don't necessarily need these operations be as fast as possible, you'd be able to consider the cheaper 14" Pro, or 16" Pro options. Faster AI denoise would be nice, so I can see where you'd want performance for stitching too. Just remember whatever the price increase over the Pro is, it's being paid solely to improve that. For me these would be occasional tasks, not worth the money. For someone shooting a lot, it could very easily be worth the time saved.

During prime days (right now), 14" MBP is $300 off, 16" MBP is $500 off (according to MacRumors). Also be sure to check Apple refurbished inventory to see if you can snag a deal on an acceptable configuration. What's in stock varies daily.

If you're after performance, x86 high-performance laptops tend to have really poor battery life, expecting to be moved, but used plugged in at their new location. You'll be mobile, but will you have access to power? If not, this should be one of your biggest concerns on these machines. If you can't find a battery life result, assume it's abysmal.