Thread: RF Lens Wishlist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It is fun to sometimes walk around with a prime, sometimes with a zoom like the 70-300L.

For a travel lens, I am usually f/5.6-f/11. Usually I am in the “storytelling/entire scene” apertures. If lowlight, I am usually doing sunrise/sunset so I get more light with longer exposures.

This is why I am ok sacrificing a stop of aperture for a larger focal length range. I’d want IQ to stay up. We’ll see what Canon comes up with. But, let’s get real, I am not hurting with my current kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received the 28-70 f/2.8 on Wednesday. It's the first lens I've preordered, but my situation is not the same as some other contributors to this thread. I don't have any L lenses to pair with my R6 or R8. The 24-70 L always seemed too expensive for what I do and too heavy for me. The non-L zooms that I have come with narrow apertures, and landscape opportunities are few and far between. Most of the pictures I take nowadays are pictures of my kids.

Lately I was mostly using the RF non L primes, which I do really like, but to have a light, wide aperture, versatile lens that comes with some weather resistance is something I hoped for for some time now.

I didn't get much time to use it but so far the pictures I got look great and I hope it will replace 3-4 other lenses as I want to reduce the amount of gear I have. It could very well become my most used lens in the near future.