Thread: Having to adjust Orange levels in RAW

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Having to adjust Orange levels in RAW

The jpgs have been (over?) saturated in the camera according to the selected picture style. Especially if you use the portrait picture style. They are also too red for my liking.

The raw is going to be closer to what it actually looks like. I prefer this because I can control and fine tune the saturation myself.

If you want the jpg preview to be closer to the RAW set your picture style to Neutral. Or use Canon DPP to process your RAWs and it will apply the picture style you choose to it and it should match the jpg.

I will add that red, orange and yellows are tough colors to reproduce exactly. You have to be very careful with your lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett

I will add that red, orange and yellows are tough colors to reproduce exactly. You have to be very careful with your lighting.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

True that!

cheers for the replies guys!

i use sRGB on the camera, I found a raw file I could use to show you can example.

Here is the preview jpg image taken with the raw file on camera:

Here is how it appears after opening the raw file and saving without any edit:

Now with the adjusted orange levels to bring the wood back to more natural colour:

Unfortuantely I havent got any raw portraits to show as an example.
    I guess all im after is, is this normal? or am i settign somethign wrong? It just seems to me like a drastic change in colour?