Thread: Refurbished and White Box model

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Refurbished and White Box model

Refurbished are used returned to factory, inspected and brought back to new specifications.

White box I'm GUESSING is a kit lens returned with a damage body, the body is sent back, the lens stays and gets sold (?). Or maybe simply a lens that was in a damaged package or maybe a demo. All guesses of course.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"]<span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 12pt;"]Rather than guessing, why don&rsquo;t you call <span lang="EN" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: #333333; font-size: 12pt; mso-ansi-language: EN;"]Adorama?<span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 12pt;"]<o></o>

I'm not guessing, I'm asking and besides, I thought you might know!

JeffersonPoster

I'm guessing because I don't care enough to call. Thought I'd throw it out there and let someone correct me.

I don't really care that much either, just thought I'd ask.Sounded like a good question at the time. Much later now.

JeffersonPoster

Slow day at the office so I call Adorama....

"A white box item is part a factory kit that has been broken up for indivual sale"

Thank you for the time and interest! Now we know for sure.

JeffersonPoster

Ah, so we were right about where it comes from, but the reason for the separate sale was slightly off...

Curious though, the white box kit lens isn't marked for individual sale, so is it legal to do so? I imagine that it can only be resold as "refurbished"--i.e., someone buys the kit and returns it. I'd buy a white box, though--an unused lens is a new lens no matter what box it comes in! [:P]

Quote Originally Posted by wickerprints

Curious though, the white box kit lens isn't marked for individual sale, so is it legal to do so? I imagine that it can only be resold as "refurbished"--i.e., someone buys the kit and returns it.

<span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana;"]The guy I spoke with was no <span style="font-family: Verdana;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Oster[:P] but I specifically asked him if it was a return and he said no.<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]<o></o>