Thread: Recommend Photoshop plug-ins / supplemental software

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Recommend Photoshop plug-ins / supplemental software

Why don't you try the Noiseware Professional Plugin from Imagenomic?? I'ts just amazing, has several options and parameters and you can use batch processing. It has a standalone and a plugin for PS version. []

The link:

http://www.imagenomic.com/index.aspx

Re: Recommend Photoshop plug-ins / supplemental software

[Responding to shoukov] Yeah, but Noise Ninja is at least as good as Noiseware, and I get an educational discount that makes it $20 cheaper. I like the Imagenomic RealGrain plug-in, but their Portraiture plug-in looks awful--all their example pictures are way overdone (compare to the examples at Topaz's Clean 2. I'm on the fence, really, between Topaz's DeNoise and NoiseNinja. I like the hardware profiles from NoiseNinja (as all my slides were scanned with the same machine at the same dpi), but Topaz looks like it can do a better job preserving detail while smoothing--NoiseNinja kinda looks like it de-noises but leaves a lot of graininess. Which can be a good or a bad thing.

Topaz not having a educational discount is meaningful to a poor graduate student who plows all his extra money into gear (and has to justify it to his wife), but ultimately, when it comes to de-noise software, I'm going to end up downloading trial versions and seeing how they do on the stuff I want to de-noise. But if anyone has any good advice on one or the other--or if there's anyone else who uses the Imagenomic and can sway me in that direction--please, chime in. (I'd post examples of the noise I'd like to get rid of, but I don't have the images handy, and am still reorganizing/migrating files to my newly-built computer.)

In the end, I know I'm getting dedicated de-noise software/PSCS4x64 plug-in. I haven't even tried out the built-in de-noising in PSCS4, but judging from the existence (and the results I've seen) from third-party vendors, I don't want to mess around with anything but the best.

That, and the HDR plug-in (again, I like the looks of Photomatix, but the sharpness/detail-preservation of HDRTools is really impressive) are the two things I know I'll get--it's just a matter of which vendor's product I choose.

The real question is, which (if any) other plug-ins really stand out as "must-haves"?