Thread: How much to get a lens repaired by Canon

How much to get a lens repaired by Canon

Hello there,

I have some horribly sad news. I was in a car accident 2 weeks ago. My car was pretty much mangled. My spine and chest in serious pain and I received a light concussion (so forgive me for spelling & errors!). But the worst news, as all of you probably will feel the same, my 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM lens was flung across the trunk of my car...YES it was in a case. Still, it received some blunt force trauma. Now, its focus is sluggish and a little off and there is a crack in the glass on the side of the lens (covering the infinity info).

So? Anyone ever sent a lens off for repairs? What was the damage? I realize not every case is the same but I'd appreciate your costs anyway. The other guy was at fault so I have to come up with a price to tell the insurance agency to get it fixed.

Thanks,

V

Re: How much to get a lens repaired by Canon

Hi Victor, hope you're doing alright now.

Here is the info to two Canon Factory Service Centers, give them a call and explain to them your situation.

Canon Factory Service
    15955 Alton Parkway
    Irvine, CA 92618
    949-753-4200

Canon Factory Service Center
    100 Jamesburg Road
    Jamesburg NJ 08831
    732-521-7007

Take care.

Re: How much to get a lens repaired by Canon

Simplest thing to do is send it in to Canon. I'm sure the other guy's insurance company wants a reputable quote and that's the only way to get it.