Thread: Newbie question from a Noob

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Newbie question from a Noob

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 6pt;"]

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Be careful of GRAY Market items. <o></o>

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Amazon vendors have sold Gray market items in the past. <o></o>

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"]Gray market is not a USA Warrantee product, so the price is lower.<o></o>

Re: Newbie question from a Noob

Bob makes a point on grey market product. I have never received anything except "USA" products. I do look to see if the product is listed as having "USA Warranty" usually. But, as long as the product is properly represented I would not have a problem with "Grey Market". Having said that, you may want to check Bryan's article "USA vs Grey Market Canon Lenses..." in the about Canon lenses section. Here is the link -- sorry I do not Know haw to make it hot, you will have to cut and paste it into your browser.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/Gray-Market.aspx

Read that and decide what you feel most comfortable with.

Chris