Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Went L-Crazy!!!

Re: Went L-Crazy!!!

Just noticed that my 70-200 order got delayed to Aug. 12th. ahhhhhhhhh....

I ordered it on July 12th. Nearly a whole month. :*( Fortunately, the shipping method got upgraded to next business day.

The24-70 f2.8 L-Series lens is probably my favorite lens.

Go and have some fun with it!

Canon 5DMII, 30D 17-40 L f/4.0, 24-70L f2.8, 70-200L IS f2.8, 400L f4.0-5.6, 24 tilt shift, 2x 600ex-RT

jcmeza, I ordered that 70-200 f/2.8L IS USMlens yesterday and am getting it deliveredtomorrow [I am tracking it and it is on schedule]. B&H has the lens in stock.

I'm getting that lens from Dell. Yes, Dell!!!! How much did you pick up the lens for?

just a 100 bucks more than what you paid[]

Fouad,

We use both the 70-200L 2.8 IS and the 24-70L 2.8 among others on 1DMK11 bodies.

The reason we use the 24-70 is that we have the focal length 17-55 covered on an XTi body.

For the work we do; mostly nature/building related, the 17-55 as a walkaround lens is nice on the 1.6 crop body. That being said, as this lens will not fit a 1D body we needed a similer lens for those 1D bodies to cover that range.

We also use a 24 T-S and 10-20 Sigma. We find that this covers that range very well for us.

Over the many years we have found there is no free lunch and compromises must be made. You might also read this on other reviews and comments.

I hope this helps somewhat..

regards... Chris...

Quote Originally Posted by Backland Photography

Over the many years we have found there is no free lunch and compromises must be made. regards... Chris...
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks Chris.

I am learning that to be the case []

After debating for some time between the 24-70 f/2.8L USM and the 24-105 f/4L IS USM, I finally gave in to the image stabilzation feature as very important to me and the fact that the lens gives you some extra reach is zooming is also good.In addition the 24-105 f/4L IS USM is slightly shorter and definitely lighter of the two despite incorporating two more lenses in the grouping.

I think the ideal scenario would be to have the 24-105 f/"2.8" L IS USM, but alas such a lens does not exist, at least not yet.

Welcome to the club. Pleas note that NO ONE who posts here is going to help you with your addiction. They will only enable you until you have a second mortgage and a rider on your insurance to cover "additional photography equipment."

You've gone down some good paths. I own the EF24-70mmm f/2.8 L USM and the EF70-200mm L IS USM. They both produce beautiful results. You mentioned a 5D MKII in your future. I got mine this spring and it is absolutely stunning.