Thread: camera and lens combo

camera and lens combo

I guess the Canon L lens bug has bit me and today I received the 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM lens. I was at once amazed at how much more manageable it is compared to the70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM. The 24-105 is definitely a lens one can use as a daily.

I have put the 24-105 on the 5DII and the 70-200 on the Rebel XTi. Both lenses have the BW UV filter. I have the Canon 430EX II flash on the way touse indoors with either camera. I suspect I will use it much more frequently with the 24-105 Lens as its range is ideally suited for close up shots. I was amazed how I was able to photograph the three walls of my office in front of me at the same time.[]

I decided on the 24-105 compared to the 24-70 f/2.8 L USM, mainly because of the superb IS feature which should make more of my shots keepers and additionally because of the extra 35mm of reach it has. I know the 24-70 f/2.8 has a wider aperture and is faster when the light is limited especially when shooting indoors but the flash should help in that regard. The 24-105 is also lighter and smaller than the 24-70.

Re: camera and lens combo

I use the 24-105 mm f4 L IS USM 80% of the time and am very happy with it's performance. I also have it recently calibrated to my 5D Mark II and have seen a marked improvement.

http://www.juliussantos.com/

Awesome. I love my 5D with 24-105. I use mine for weddings and portraits mostly. I find the f4.0 is fine for indoor shots with flash. I find most of my shots at 70mm or greater. Here is one of my grand-daughter in a church play. 5D, 24-105 @ 105, f5.0, 580ex with Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce, 50% crop. ISO 400. I love this combo.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.67/IMG_5F00_0009a.jpg[/img]

Mark
    Mark

Julius, those are some stunning shots[Y]!!

Clearly you appear to be a professional. Thanks!

It is good to know that this is a well liked combo and that you have good success using it with a flash.

You have a gorgeous grand-daughter! Children are the greatest blessing and you sir are a lucky man indeed.