Thread: What is the ideal number of megapixels?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What is the ideal number of megapixels?

as always, Daniel, your posts make me all the more interested in how things work, and not just the final product.

Since reading your post about the myth of smaller pixels having more noise, I stopped worrying about resolution and noise. This just makes me happier, since kind of tells me I was right...

thanks again,

Andy

Or you could shoot film and not worry at all

Quote Originally Posted by Ehcalum

Or you could shoot film and not worry at all
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Yeah. Film doesn't have millions of pixels. It has hundreds of billions. And they're only 1 bit. Looks great, though.

I am book marking this.

Tons of good info. Need more time to sift and chew. Thanks Daniel! Maybe Bryan wouldn't mind grouping some of this info into a technical article section for future easy reference.

Just a thought.

Alan

Daniel, it might be helpful to have a more extensive list of conclusions for a treatise like this. In some of your other posts, there is such a volume of information that the casual reader can easily get lost in the myriad of subject matter.

In this post, you did have a conclusion, but with the various topics raised, it gets a bit overwhelming to sift through what really are the important things to be concerned about, as photographers.

Perhaps, a few more conclusion vignettes (no pun intended), to summarize the key highlights of the discussion, would be beneficial. I know they would for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Perhaps, a few more conclusion vignettes (no pun intended), to summarize the key highlights of the discussion, would be beneficial. I know they would for me.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll see if I can come up with a good summary.