Thread: Canon VS. Nikon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Canon VS. Nikon

Emma, as mentioned before I am a die hard Canon fan. But Roger just reminded me that its not the equipment but the artist that really matters. To make my point, please take a look at what Tom Kirkendahl can do with a $30 Holga, medium format film Camera (Fixed Lens)

http://www.kirkendall-spring.com/

http://www.7photographyquestions.com/2009/07/p53-show-notes-for-holga-camera----an-interview-with-tom-kir.html

Its humbling.

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams

take a look at what Tom Kirkendahl can do with a $30 Holga, medium format film Camera (Fixed Lens)
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

WOW!

Makes me want to break out my Yashica MAT 124G

Mark

Mark

Ah the epic debate.

Whenever someone asks me about this I tell them to go out to a camera store and hold the different brands. When I was in the market for a DSLR I played around with the cameras a lot and I found that the Nikon was a little more comfortable in my hand but the Canon seemed much more logical and the shutter just felt more robust to me. I didn't care for the electronic feel of the Nikon at the time.

Bryan's site also drew me in with the allure of the L lens. I love big white lenses and unfortunately that drew me to Canon! I think that Nikon makes a great camera and like others there are days that I wish I had some Nikon equipment. At the end of the day though it's more the photographer than the camera. If it all boiled down to equipment I would spend a lot more money on my golf clubs and join the PGA tour!

Good luck with your decision making.