Thread: First Legit Senior Shoot. Rookie Mistake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: First Legit Senior Shoot. Rookie Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger
    The horse was actually really troublesome to work with.

You'll want to be careful about using strobes with the horse on your next shoot. I'm not certain it's advisable....though it might be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

You'll want to be careful about using strobes with the horse on your next shoot. I'm not certain it's advisable....though it might be just fine.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Many of the highschool girls that want their picture taken with their horse are in 4-H. They compete with their horses and therefore have trained them to not be so jumpy but you must remember they are animals and are unpredictable. Always ask the owner if they would jump at a flash. With their permission test the horse with the flash. Most of them I have worked with are good and do not jump at the flash. Once in a while I run across one I can not use a flash with.

Mark
    Mark

Yeah I asked the owner about the flash issue and she said it was okay. However I had no way of testing it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger
    However I had no way of testing it haha.

I'd be willing to bet my life you won't forget your strobe next time! I'd say if you check less than 4 times to make sure you've packed it I'll be surprised. Not that photographers are usually the obsessive type, oh no not at all... (!)

Good luck on the reshoot - smart move offering it - always the right thing to do, keep 'em happy and wanting more...

I once read that the most important piece of gear is the gear you have with you. When I was looking at them I was thinking to myself, "Dang, these would be superb with just a little more light on her face..." I think you did very well for what you had (and didn't have) with you... :-)

The same occurred to me. The pictures look great, but just a little warm, as said