Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for a good "city" bag.

Re: Recommendations for a good "city" bag.

Just got back from a week in Paris with my Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home. Here's the run down:

My wife and I walked between 5 and 8 miles a day. (Street scenes were just too cool to take a taxi or metro.)

Every day the Crumpler was packed with a Canon 40D w/EF-S 17-55 IS f/2.8 IS mounted (hood reversed) in the center section, an EF 70-200 f/4 (non IS) hood reversed to one side (sometimes left at home for a gorilla pod mini tripod), a small Moleskine notebook and Rick Steve's Paris guidebook (great guide-book, by the way) shoved in the other, postcards and a map in the front pocket, a pen and an extra card in the mesh pocket mounted to the cover. Everything fit reasonable comfortably and securely after I pulled out some of the velcro-mounted dividers. It was easy to get the camera in and out. And the bag was more than comfortable to carry on long days walking to (and through) museums and churches and street markets.

Anyway, for those of you pondering the same purchase, this is one of the few I haven't second guessed at least a little bit.

Great to hear you enjoyed your 6MDH! I haven't taken my 7MDH out for a real spin as I've got no body right now LOL! But I will agree, when I did use it briefly and when it had my 70-200, 580 EX, 40D, Nifty Fifty I still had room and it's plenty comfy and also stylish

I'd recommend it any day!

Now to buy a 5DII someday soon and take it out for a spin!

I have the Slingshot AW200 and find it is a very good match for the equipment you have. I seem to have very similar lenses for comparison! I can hold the 40D with 17-55 and hood, or the 70-200f4 mounted (without hood). The 70-200 fits, but is pretty snug. I use the battery grip on the 40D in both cases. The 70-200 fits nicely in one of the two internal compartment, as does a 580EX flash. I can also fit a 24-105 with hood (not reversed) mounted to the 40D with grip.

In total I can get: Canon 40D, grip plus 24-105, 70-200 f/4, 60mm Macro lens, 1.4x extender, and 580Ex flash, plus chargers, off camera flash cable, G10and some filters. Typically I have some of that left at home, but what I love is that I CAN take it all if needed for a trip somewhere.

I like the fact that it sits in the middle of your back if you choose, or slung over the shoulder for easy access. I has a little clip to hold it in place on your back...

It does look more like a camera bag, but then Crumpler seems to indicate 'more money inside' if someone knows what they are looking at