Thread: Canon 10-22 vs Sigma 10-20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Canon 10-22 vs Sigma 10-20

I have a mint condition sigma 4-5.6 that I will not be using anymore. It is in PERFECT PERFECT PERFECTshape with original box, lens hood, Tiffen UV filter and padded lens case. I have a 5D Mark II now and a 16-35mm II lens so it will probably never see the light of day again. Bought it new from amazon. I'll sell it with shipping within the US for 320.00 if interested. Email bthornhill@freelanceshots.com

One of the people that shoots with a 30D at the newspaper where I worked got the 10-22mm canon lens where I compared the two side by side for feel and image quality. Image quality was almost identical where I thought the sigma had a very slight advantage for my taste. As far as feel and what I can only refer to as build quality the sigma wins hands down. I know the canon is made well but it has a real plastic feel and the zoom and focus ring feel really loose and not what you would expect for it price. Also as I can remember you will also need to buy the lens hood and that cost 40-50 bucks. The sigma feels more like an L series lens when zooming and focusing where this was the biggest selling point for me alone. When it came to buying either of these lenses it came down to the end number where I paid 470 instead of the 700 plus for the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots

I have a mint condition sigma 4-5.6 that I will not be using anymore. It is in PERFECT PERFECT PERFECTshape with original box, lens hood, Tiffen UV filter and padded lens case. I have a 5D Mark II now and a 16-35mm II lens so it will probably never see the light of day again. Bought it new from amazon. I'll sell it with shipping within the US for 320.00 if interested. Email bthornhill@freelanceshots.com

One of the people that shoots with a 30D at the newspaper where I worked got the 10-22mm canon lens where I compared the two side by side for feel and image quality. Image quality was almost identical where I thought the sigma had a very slight advantage for my taste. As far as feel and what I can only refer to as build quality the sigma wins hands down. I know the canon is made well but it has a real plastic feel and the zoom and focus ring feel really loose and not what you would expect for it price. Also as I can remember you will also need to buy the lens hood and that cost 40-50 bucks. The sigma feels more like an L series lens when zooming and focusing where this was the biggest selling point for me alone. When it came to buying either of these lenses it came down to the end number where I paid 470 instead of the 700 plus for the canon.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I have considered this sigma lens, and have heard some good things about it, but I also hear you can get a good copy and a really bad copy. Do you have any pictures you can post that you took with this lens? Thanks.

I've got hundreds and hundreds as I used this lens all the time. I've got one 500 gig hard drives and two 250 gig hard drives where I will have to find a few of the specific images where I will post them on my site and provide you the direct links. Just give me a little bit of time and I post them here. Thanks for your interest!

-Bryan