Thread: Watching my dollars on camera system. Canon 5d Mark II

Watching my dollars on camera system. Canon 5d Mark II

Just like everyone else I'm trying to save as much money as possible in buying an expense camera system, Canon's 5d Mark II. Stores like B&H have the body for $2700 while iBuydigital.com is selling at $2450. Both with USA warr and free ship. i Buy Digital customer ratings are very good.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your comments

Re: Watching my dollars on camera system. Canon 5d Mark II

Here's my rule: If someone is selling new camera equipment for more than 10% less than B&H and Adorama, it's a trap. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Ratings can be manipulated.

If you want to pay less than B&H or Adorama's retail price, try buying it Refurbished from Adorama. Right now, they have a 5D Mark II body for $2499.95 on page 5. Now that's a deal you can trust.

Quote Originally Posted by king-fish
    i Buy Digital customer ratings are very good.

I think resellerratings.com is the best customer ratings web site. There it is less than 5 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by wickerprints

Here's my rule: If someone is selling new camera equipment for more than 10% less than B&H and Adorama, it's a trap. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Ratings can be manipulated.

I will have to 2nd that comment,...years ago i tried buying my Canon Rebel through a site just like ibuydig and got the "bait and switch" sales technique....luckily enough i was able to return the merchandise for a full refund and ultimately bought from BH. Now I usually buy from BH and Adorama.

Ebay isprobably more reliable than some of these type of e-stores.

Hey, thanks to all that replied, I only buy equipment every few years and have been out of the loop. Think I will spend a few more hundred and go with a company that has had a good reputation for a number of years. I can remember 20 to 30 years ago B&H had a very poor reputation. Isn't it funny what an attitude adjustment will do for you?

King-fish

Quote Originally Posted by king-fish

I can remember 20 to 30 years ago B&H had a very poor reputation. Isn't it funny what an attitude adjustment will do for you?

that's interesting!

still paying $2700 for 5dII is silly to me, but I'll not go with a store who is rating less than 5of 10 ether. there are ways to save some bucks like microsoft bing cash back program, yor can still buy from those reliable stores. e.g. you will get 5% if you go with J&R, 5.1% with beach camera, 2% with B&H and Adorama.ebay even offer 8%(up to $200). I purchased a 1.4X extender from Adorama ebay store for only about$280+(after cash back gray mkt), it worked very well.