Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking advice on 40D vs T1i(500D).

Re: Seeking advice on 40D vs T1i(500D).

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

How about a used 50D? Keh Camera has it for $890. Im sure you can strechthat much, and if you don't have SDHC cards for theT1ithere goes most of thepricedifference.

But for me, 7D ALL THE WAY!!!!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks actually a really good point. Because I do have 14 gigs of CF cards and zero gigs in SD cards. I might have to look in to that. What is Keh camera? Reputable place?

I've printed as large as 24x36 with my 40d with decent results; obviously its not the greatest detail up close but is very decent for my uses.

Keh Camera is a photograpic store like Adorama or B&amp;H, they also buy and sell used equipmet. There are a reputable store.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozen
    Because I do have 14 gigs of CF cards and zero gigs in SD cards.

Then it would totally make sense for you to get the 50D over the T1i!! By the way, I have held the T1i, 40D and 50D side by side and the weight diference is negligible.

Here is a link to that 50D, sorry it doesn't have a picture butthe rest of there used 50D's do, http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductDetail.aspx?groupsku=DC029991095150&amp;bra ndcategoryname=Digital&amp;Mode=Digital&amp;item=3 0&amp;ActivateTOC2=&amp;ID=2&amp;BC=DC&amp;BCC=3&a mp;CC=2&amp;CCC=1&amp;BCL=&amp;GBC=&amp;GCC=.

If you are interested in a full-frame here is a link to a 1ds mark I it costs $1035 in EX condition, http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductDetail.aspx?groupsku=DC029990890920&amp;bra ndcategoryname=Digital&amp;Mode=Digital&amp;item=0 &amp;ActivateTOC2=&amp;ID=2&amp;BC=DC&amp;BCC=3&am p;CC=2&amp;CCC=1&amp;BCL=&amp;GBC=&amp;GCC=.

The 1ds only has a high ISO of 1250 1/3 stop from 1600,you could easily push it 1/3 of a stop. Basicaly use it like a 1600 ISO camera. It is the least expesive full-frame cameraby Canon. The grip and feel of the 1ds is awesome! The auto focus is great. The view finder is huge. 35mm sensor has 40% thinner dof with the same lens, great for portriats. You can buy a Sigma 12-24mm and get a crazy 122* degrees of field vew for super dramatic wide angle landscapes! Here is a reviewhttp://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/articles/sigma_12-24_review.htm. Weather Sealing of the 1-d series class, look at this picture http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/slr_camera_lenses_reviews.htm.

The 1ds is not for everyone, I was tempted by it but because I am primarly a wildlife photographer I prefer a higher MP 1.6 because I need all the reach I can get. AndFPS is very inportant for me also.But if I had a 800mm L I would probably get a full-frame. Mabye I will get a full-frame later intimeas a second camera but not anytime soon. My brother is sold for a 1-d series camera, doesn't matter which one it is!

But for me, 7D ALL THE WAY!!!!

John

Oh, Nate.When are you going to get your brand spanken new 7D?!

<p class="MsoNormal"]Stick with the 40D especially if you are hiking 9 miles up
    hill with a backpack full of gear.<span> As
    the owner of a pair of Rebels, I&rsquo;ll be the first to admit that they are toys in
    terms of build quality &ndash; inside and out.<span>
    The camera that works reliably when you get to your destination is far
    better than one with more bells and whistles that vibrates to pieces in your
    pack before you get there.<span> The weight
    savings is negligible &ndash; just be glad you aren&rsquo;t lugging around a Nikon.

Get a1ds then. Come Nikon can't be that bad, or is it.[:S]

Not bad at all. Just heavy.

Now come now, you can't have everything.

I think I'll hold out and wait on a good deal for a 50D. Anyone have a good deal for me? =)

before i brought my 40d, i use 400d( rebel XT) n for both camera the resolution is the same,. but the handling its very different,. i like my 40d for its good menu, button placed, n the shooting program( C1, C2). the grip its also fit the hand not like the 400d (rebel) felt small. Some of my friend already have the T1i( 500d) i tried it,. did't amazed me, neither 50d. beside the lcd n megabytes improvement nothing spesial, my target is hm... the 5d mark 2,.. []. Also one of my senior photographer friend always remind me its that the Man behind the camera is more important, not always the new camera produce good picture,. but the photographer... so my opinion to you is keep the 40d unless you moving to full frame ..