Page 57 of 148 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Nature Shots!

Dang Nate....

I hope you have a gallery of these printed and for sale somewhere.

I'm still trying to scrape my jaw off the floor.

I feel like Jacob Marley!!

Obviously, this is your divine calling.

Thanks Chuck, and everyone else for your compliments. I'm just fortunate to live in an area where there are some wildlife reserveswithin15-30 minutes of drivingand I also have a job that gives me a lot of free time to enjoy photography [:P], so I shoot a lot and geta few nice shots here and there. Regarding printing and selling my photos, I have never thought of that and honestly I don't think my photos are worthy of making money yet [], so for now I just enjoy nature photography as a hobby, it relieves stress, gets me outand keeps me active.

Nate,

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen
    I don't think my photos are worthy of making money yet

Can I kindly disagree? haha Excellent work Nate!

-Rodger

Thanks for the compliment Rodger.....here's another with the 300mm 2.8L + 1.4x extender, f/4.0, iso 320, 1/160 sec.....I'm really lovin' this lens. Thanks for looking, Joel.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/IMG_5F00_0989.jpg[/img]

Joel, when I saw this shot I said (loudly) exactly this: "wooooooooooooooooooooow what the heck!!!!" []

I second that. They could sell that lens solely off the back of pics like this

Thanks for the compliments guys! I decided to get the 300mm 2.8L based on Bryan's review that it was perhaps the sharpest Canon lens made and I thought using it with extenders would be more versatile and less expensive than the 500mm 4.0 or the 600mm 4.0.....it's doing a great job so far. These are backyard birds. I haven't had the time to travel very far to take pics since I got the lens earlier this year but I'm looking forward to trying it on different locations in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jnort002
    I second that. They could sell that lens solely off the back of pics like this

If you'd like to have your very own Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS, with the hard case and everything, check this auction on eBay. (The auction ends at 8:18 AM PDT, 10/14/09.) Starting price is $3,950 + shipping (which isn't cheap). Alas, I won't be bidding. I really don't need to get a new mortgage on my house. (The old one was paid off in 2005.)
    George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR

Seems overpriced given that (1) it's an eBay auction (2) purchase date was in March, basically wiping out the warranty period; and (3) shipping is an additional $125.

I want a new EF 300/2.8L IS so bad I can practically taste it. I could buy one new if I sold my three L lenses, but that would be too painful. [U]

mmmm.... coated optical glass... delicious. [:P]

I purchased mine from B&H and used Bill Me Later to make monthly payments with no interest....If I remember, the price was $4100...took me 6 months to pay it off...I'm glad I did it though, I've really enjoyed it so far. Certainly seems like the one Ebay is overpriced to me.