Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Re: Post Your Best HDR Photo

What a great city to learn HDR in. I learned HDR up on Mt. Washington shooting sunrises.

Brendan, I still like the first one. It's got sort of a sketch feel to it. Almost like concept art you'd see on "disk two" of a dvd. At least that's what it made me think of haha. And the second one looks sweet!

Don, great image! Are you local to Pittsburgh?

-Rodger

Sort of. My roots are there but I've been working out of Chicago the last 6 years.

Thanks for the comment, in this shot, the sky is the actual color and texture of that morning. HDR brought back all the detail from the city which otherwise was in complete silhouette.

taken in a creek in my back yard. at 18mm f/8 ISO 100

would love to know your thoughts, thanks! just ignore the watermark and the top left corner!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett
    My roots are there but I've been working out of Chicago the last 6 years.

Cool cool. I lived in Chicago for about three years (two hours north is still considered "Chicago land" much easier than telling people "Crystal Lake" and getting confused looks haha).

That's a wonderful shot of the burgh though. I love it.

Here's one I got yesterday evening- we call this "The Junction" as it's where the Leichardt River meets Lake Moondarra but really it's just part of the river. This is an 8 shot HDR tone mapped in Photomatix Pro. It was nice to actually have some clouds for a change.

I personally like to use HDR to increase the dynamic range of an image back to something similar to what the eye sees. I think it's easy to over-use but it's a great tool in moderation. This is about as far as I like to push the limits of HDR.

Canon 40D, Canon EFS 10-22mm @ 10mm and f/8. ISO 100. I'm still in love with that lens.

Cheers, Ben.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.34/Moondarra-HDR_5F00_TDP.jpg[/img]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

That's sweeet!! Ahh wish I took it hahaha

What a great shot Ben!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger

My roots are there but I've been working out of Chicago the last 6 years.

Cool cool. I lived in Chicago for about three years (two hours north is still considered "Chicago land" much easier than telling people "Crystal Lake" and getting confused looks haha).

That's a wonderful shot of the burgh though. I love it.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Unreal, that's the area I live in now.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsartin

taken in a creek in my back yard. at 18mm f/8 ISO 100

would love to know your thoughts, thanks! just ignore the watermark and the top left corner!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I like the idea of this shot quite a bit and the colors are good. You might want to fiddle with the contrast a little bit by pulling down the midtones with a curves tool. That will also tame the highlights on the branch which are on the verge of being blown. It's worth the effort this shot has some serious potential. BTW, if you ever buy the license, there's a utility in Photomatix that will remove the watermarks on any photos you processed during the trial. Very cool on there part, saved me a lot of work.

Cheers Rodger.

BTW, if you ever buy the license, there's a utility in Photomatix that will remove the watermarks on any photos you processed during the trial. Very cool on there part, saved me a lot of work.

I did not know that... bugger. That really would have come in handy [:'(]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30