Thread: Unbelievable....Daniel you were wrong.

Unbelievable....Daniel you were wrong.

[]At least when it comes to Nikon. D3s, need I say more. Man I was hoping that's what the 7D was going to be.

Without the D3s pricetag.... WOW!! $5199.00 (Is it Gold plated?)

Never-the-less, I find it a very interesting direction in DSLR evolution. I have a tendency to agree with that direction. Dang.

Love my L glass... Love my L glass... Love my 5D....[]

Re: Unbelievable....Daniel you were wrong.

Daniel, wrong? There must be a misunderstanding. Are we talking about the same person??

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]At least when it comes to Nikon. D3s, need I say more. Man I was hoping that's what the 7D was going to be.

Without the D3s pricetag.... WOW!! $5199.00 (Is it Gold plated?)

Never-the-less, I find it a very interesting direction in DSLR evolution. I have a tendency to agree with that direction. Dang.

Love my L glass... Love my L glass... Love my 5D....[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Would you be so kind and explain what you aretalking about? It's hard to say who is right or wrong when we don't know the conversation.

Which thing am I wrong about, again? Been wrong so many times I can't keep them straight. []

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    Which thing am I wrong about, again? Been wrong so many times I can't keep them straight

With alll humility I direct you to http://community.the-digital-picture.com/forums/t/1881.aspxA response to the 7D FF 12.7 videoless rumor. Your really not "that" wrong, but I got your attention. Hope your doing well. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    Sensor cost scales principally with area, a new design with larger pixels will save absolutely nothing compared to a new design with smaller pixels. 5D1-sized pixels and lack of video would decrease market penetration, lower expected sales, and therefore require amortization over fewer units.

It's amazing that after Canon releases the 5D MkII FF with 21 MP and the 7D APS-C with 18 MP that Nikon would release a 12.1 MP FF. My old 5D, the tried and noiseless true, is 12.8 MP. I'm still flabergasted about thier pricetag. Can the high ISO performancebe that good?

And does this truley mark an end to the MegaPixel Race?

Thanks, Chuck. I'm doing great!

Can the high ISO performancebe that good?

I highly doubt it. I bet it's going to turn out to be a nice improvement (and probably better than anything Canon has), but not 2 times better than the existing D3 as their marketing department would like people to think.

The Nikon M.O. is they don't make major changes in an 's' model, just
    like Canon doesn't usually make major changes in an 'n' model (1D2 vs
    1D2n). So I think it would have been very unexpected for them to come out with a D3s that has a different number of megapixels. Furthermore, Nikon has had a long-established 4-year schedule for major improvements. My guess is that this camera will need to hold people over for two more years before Nikon comes out with a D4.

And does this truley mark an end to the MegaPixel Race?

If you combine this with the Canon G11, which actually went *backwards* in resolution, there is mounting evidence for that. However, I still don't think it's the end. I think there are still enough photographers that want more resolution. Time will tell.