There's a Dutch photographer who made an online petition to Mr. Masaya Maeda of Canon Inc., in order to have a couple of really nice features implemented via firmware update in the EOS 5D Mark II, namely the ability to select a minimum shutter speed in Auto ISO and to select both lower and upper limits for Auto ISO.

Since Canon has announced that a firmware update to the EOS 5D Mark II is currently under development to enable the recording of high definition 1080p video at 24 and 25fps following feedback received from videographers, why not encourage the Company to satisfy also the wish of photographers?

The petition is online at http://www.petitiononline.com/Canon5D/petition.html

Actually, I'm a bit doubtful concerning the effectiveness of such petitions, but I remember I signed a similar one in the past months to have manual exposure control in video mode in the 5DII, which now we have. So why not try this, it takes just a few seconds.

Any thoughts and feedback are welcome, also to keep this post up in the list to have it noticed by as many of our Community as possible. I really would like to have such nice features with the next firmware...[:P] Thanks to all!

Pierluigi