Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Keith-

I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd take a shot at making your picture black & white while trying to preserve/enhance the lighting ratio. I think it turned out alright.
    <table style="width: auto;"]
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FizaapgBGxYUkM4uZLpMBw?feat=embedwebsite][/url]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right"]From Kieth B's Pic</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

Keith-

I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd take a shot at making your picture black &amp; white while trying to preserve/enhance the lighting ratio. I think it turned out alright.
    <table style="width: auto;"]
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;text-align:right;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px;"]
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Don't mind at all. Looks good. It looks real similar to what I had. I think I meant more of, I would have lit it entirely different If I were shooting for BW.

Here is what I got from PS CS3

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_MG_5F00_9545bwsm.jpg[/img]

Yeah, I like yours better. I tried to enhance the contrast (locally, on her face)...but I like the more typical red filter results you have there.

Keith,

I dont think I mentioned this before, but nice catch lights!

BW looks good!

-Rodger

Thanks Roger!

The Soflighters make a real nice catch. They are almost perfectly round and have the diffuser on the front too. I really, really like them. I have the 36" and the 60". I highly recommend them.

I recently purchased a 14" Lumodi beauty dish. I tested it out this weekend and was quite impressed with the results. Since it was quite cramped in this location, I used the 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5. The second flash firing on the background wasn't used in the 1st and 3rd shots.

Thanks Sean, Keith and Rob. Your work is inspiring Thanks to your motivation I ended up taking one more self obsessed click, of myself. Heres an attempt at B/W

Cheers!

Dev

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.65/IMG_5F00_0008_5F00_bw_5F00_800.JPG[/img]