Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: printing pictures

Re: printing pictures

Maybe it is just the salesman in me, I sell computer equipment, but when I was using film cameras, I found out the hard way that walmart-walgreens suck. That was the best part of digital camera I did not have to go back there ever again. I have my own little hp photosmart ( six color printer ) and print all my own 8.5x11 inch prints. Every bit as good as the 8x10 prints I got from Kodak custom prints 10 to 30 years ago. Better, I have control of the printing, color, croping, brightness, and I do not have to wait, its also cheaper, or deal with stupid people at the stores. When I get ready for larger prints I will either get my own printer ( it helps to get printers at cost though) or find a custom printer place!

The only down falls is that I print far to many prints.

ok good wide ( 13x19 ) printers start at $500, think I will fine a place to print the larger size, for as little as I need them.

Hi keller,

as previously mentioned in earlier posts there are a few things you can do to make your prints come out closer to what you see on your mac.

Color profiles, monitor color calibrations thats all good. But do remember even with all this you are only half of the equation. The other would be your printer or the place where you get your prints.

What I would suggest is to develop a good "working relation" with the printer [ the person who operates the printing machine] and tell that person your personal preferences for your prints. Tell that person if want it darker, more bluish, yellowish or whatever your preference for a good print is. Sure at first it will be hit and miss but am sure after a while that person will get your preference right and your prints will come out the way you want them.

this for me is the best way. Since I run a photo lab using a noritsu qss32 series printer, based on my experience, the printing machine has the "final" word on what the print is to look like. No matter how much you post process and calibrate your colors, when the machine "reads" the image as yellowish it will print it yellowish unless of course it is "corrected" or "enhanced" by the operator to come come out in the right tones and colors.

So "make friends" with the operator and collaborate with him on how you want your prints to look like. If you've done this you'll win on two counts.

you've gained a friend &

your prints will look just like yopu want them to look.

Hope this helps.