Jim,

Yes, I definitely relate. Our male, Wolf, was working towards his Schutzhund 1 when we moved and lost our contact with any clubs. He was the most nurturing, intelligent animal of any kind I've ever been in contact with, but if you saw him and didn't know him, you might involuntarily pee your pants, just a little. [] He lived to be 12 years old, and I cried like a little baby when we buried him.

Our first female, Greta, was a rescue from an abusive home. She looked just like your Sundance. Our breeder sold her as a pup and then found out what kind of home she was in, and forcibly took her back at 10-11 months old. She was such an expensive dog that we only could afford to co-own her with our breeder, but she eventually relinquished ownership for free after she saw how we took care of her.

Our second female, Daphne, was a daughter of the famous Nobbi vom Hegnenbacher Landl, Sch. III, IPO III, and WeltSeiger.

Also a bank-breaker, but we intended to breed her, so we made the investment. She ended up with an underbite as a youngster, and so we had her spayed at two years of age, only to have her bite correct at about 2 1/2. Ughhh!!! Long story short, before we got a replacement puppy, we had a child, and got out of the Rottie business because we were afraid how people would perceive them, and their ignorance would prevent them from letting their children play with our son.

So now we have Chocolate Labs. I am a an avid duck hunter, though, so it is also really enjoyable!

Sorry to hijack the thread.