Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B+W

B+W

Hy everyone...

i+m confused... i need to buy a uv filter for my 24 70 L ( a 77mm UV #010 MRC), and i was going to ebay.uk and buy the filter there (new filter not used) and i saw a filter that was exactly the one that is on the TDP review, and then i asked the seller a few questions, and he said to me that it is not the brass mount...

So i guess is there two versions one that is brass mount and the other that is alloy i guess?

in the TDP review i think the review is of a brass mount one...

The one i´m going to buy: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B-W-77mm-UV-Haze-010-MRC-Brass-Filter-R164_W0QQitemZ300333203082QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca merasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_J N?hash=item45ed40fe8a

TDP review: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/B+W-UV-Filter.aspx

sorry for my bad english" i´m portuguese....

thank you guys for your time

Re: B+W

I'd avoid the seller if I were you. Something smells fishy to me.

no it was not the seller in the link that said it was not the brass version...

the one who said it was not the brass version i replied him back saying that i was not interested...

the link is from the new one that i find that sells the brass version 77mm 010 MRC UV filter... it says there, he have sold five of them and received positive feedback...

so,,,

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAMB

I'd avoid the seller if I were you. Something smells fishy to me.

I agree. The filter should be brass. If the salesman is telling you that it isn't, he either does not know what he talking about or is trying to get you to buy an inferior substitute. You may have to pay a bit more, but look for a reputable camera dealer for this purchase. You won't regret buying a B&W filter.

Sorry - missed your last post. I'd still recommend going with a well-established photo dealer.

well, in my local area they dont sell b+w filters only rodenstock hoya cokin.. i have a rodenstock 77mm on the 70 200 is2,8l , but i would like to have a b+w on the 24 70,,,

by the way i have already put money on my paypal acount to buy the filter... i can´t get that money back so i guess i´m going to buy from the new seller on the link, seems more trust...

thank you all

i was just wondering if there was two versions.... i read somewhere online that that is one version that sells cheaper that the ring is not brass...

All of the B+W F-pro mounts are brass. But, there are two version of the glass - one with multicoating (MRC) and one without which sells for about half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    But, there are two version of the glass - one with multicoating (MRC) and one without which sells for about half the price.

right. buy the multicoating, It will cost about $80.

Quote Originally Posted by bburns223

buy the multicoating, It will cost about $80.

Indeed. B+W MRC UV filters are on all my lenses. But instead of the F-Pro mount, I'll be getting the new(ish) XS-Pro mount MRC UV for the 10-22mm I'll be ordering in a few days...