Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does my camera read "busy" most of the time??

Re: Why does my camera read "busy" most of the time??

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

After 2 days of debating between the 430EX and 580EX II, I ordered the 580EX II and the Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce last night from Adorama[img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

It was a tough call though, I mainly based my final decision on Bryan's reviews but I did read more negative reviews on the 580 than the 430 elsewhere such as overheating problems and loose fitting so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well ...once I learn how to operate it!

You'll be very happy with the 580EX II. It's very flexible, the extra power is worthwhile, you can trigger 430s (and 580s) with it, and you can add an external battery pack for speed and convenience.

As far as the Sto-Fen, I have two, and they NEVER get used. Some people like them, I just have never found them to be good at modifying light for me. I use a combination of umbrellas and Rosco 103 Tough Frost gels to soften and spread light. But, your mileage may vary.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Re: Why does my camera read "busy" most of the time??

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

After 2 days of debating between the 430EX and 580EX II, I ordered the 580EX II and the Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce last night from Adorama[img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

It was a tough call though, I mainly based my final decision on Bryan's reviews but I did read more negative reviews on the 580 than the 430 elsewhere such as overheating problems and loose fitting so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well ...once I learn how to operate it! Wish me luck!

Denise

You won't regret it. I started out with a 430EX and it was okay. Then I got a 580EXII and I couldn't believe the difference. The power difference, recycle time and the build quality so much better. I have since bought 2 more 580EXIIs.

Even if the power difference isn't a big enough difference, the first time (hopefully never) you drop your flash and it is still working perfectly and nothing has gone flying off of it, you won't know it but you are so much better off.