Thread: 5D MK II replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 5D MK II replacement

Regarding the common question of "Has any one heard ofa new Canon lens (body)?" The answer is "those who knowdon't telland those who tell don't know". My adviceto you is that if you need a lens or a camera, you should get whatever available now. Remember our ultimate goals as photographers are capturing the momments, reserving memories and creating arts. Get that camera or lens now and start shooting, if you wait for that lens which may or may not be made you will miss all of the opportunities.

I was hoping to have seen peety3 slam the rumor post by now!

I imagine the 5DIII would focus heavily on AF improvements and noise patterns. I wouldn't expect it this year either. There still hasn't been a 1DsIV announced yet.

I won't speculate on when or what. But I can say what I *want*, and that is a full frame camera with a high end autofocus for less than $5000.

Unless Canon changes their strategy, though, I don't think I'm going to get it. (Oops... I speculated. It's *so* hard to resist...)

Maybe I *should* switch to Nikon []

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle
    But I can say what I *want*, and that is a full frame camera with a high end autofocus for less than $5000.

That's where Nikon is kicking Canon is the crotch right now. By putting 51pt autofocus on the D700 and D300 Nikon stole a lot of the prosumer market. It would be nice to see Canon respond.