Honestly, I don't know what to choose...

So y'all said that the tamron is good but not as good as the canon 17-55 right?

So my question is this, how sharp is sharp? Is the tamron 17-50 (VCs and non-VCs) unsharpness on the edges are to the point that it bothers you?

as for the 15-85, I think that lens is beautiful except for the aperture numbers... I really like my lens to be fast... But I also love the extra range that it gives me compared to the 17-55 and the tamron. Question is: How the f3.5-5.6 will handle in a very wide range of photography fields? Like from indoor sports to beautiful landscape?

I never had a long experience in therms of really taking lenses to the point that I know its limitations. and since I've been taking photos from a borrowed 400D with 18-85mm kit lens (which is really sketchy btw), I haven't have any good experience on how to determine a good lens...

Thanks guys for reading my rumbling, hopefully you still wants to help me choose here

PS: as for money wise, I can get the canon 17-55 but It's going to be really hard on my wallet, so I came up with the idea of "saving" a bit... so... what I really trying to achieve is a bang for your buck lens! any other lenses are welcome since I only have knowledge of canon's lenses.

PS no. 2: the canon 17-55 looks way cooler than the tamron