Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 5D mkII... now?

Re: Canon 5D mkII... now?

madison is right...enjoy life now...just got mine and enjoying it

Don't expect a mark III soon. Canon is adding more video features to the Mark II, and it is selling very well. I once thought we'd see a tweaked version this fall, but I think it will be next year before there are enough improvements ready to justify a new model.

Good point. I ordered the 5D mkII today. Very excited. Thank you all for your input. If/when the MKIII comes out, I sell the 7D to put toward the MKIII. In the meantime I'll be in heaven with the MKII. Thanks again all!

Good choice - the 5D mkII isa spectacular camera. You'll have a lot of joy with it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

A Canon lens / cameraRebate program including the 5D MK II starts Sunday March 7. You might want to look at the discounts and see if there is a camera / lens combo you want.

Quote Originally Posted by scalesusa
    A Canon lens / cameraRebate program including the 5D MK II starts Sunday March 7. You might want to look at the discounts and see if there is a camera / lens combo you want.

Very good advice. Beyond that though, I say buy the 5D II. It is an excellent camera. I've had one for a year, and still gasp at the amazing photos it delivers.

It's always difficult deciding whether to buy now or wait. However, if only to generate sales and keep up with the competition, all the camera companies upgrade their bodies at frequent intervals. There will always be a better camera in the future. What matters, though, is the present. Right now, you can get photographs that I seriously doubt will show any significant flaws looking back at them ten or twenty years from now using the 5D II. In truth, that's been the case for a while now with digital photography- you could say the same thing about the original 5D.

Ultimately, photography is about the photographer, not the equipment.

Sounds like you have some great advice. I was considering waiting too, but no regrets on buying now. I'll get probably a year or more of great pics, won't be itching to overpay on the initial release, and when the time is right just sell the MkII and move up.