Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory Shooter

Re: Memory Shooter

No problem.

If you're typing your reply on this forum, you can click on the "moviewheel"icon 2 steps left of your emoticon icon. There it says insert media. Then click upload a file and upload your own file. Then select your file and insert it. Shouldn't be too hard.

Remember the maximum width of this forum is 800 pixels, so size your image down. If you want to show us full-sized images, you've got to find another way to upload your photos. Hope this helps enough.

Looking forward to your photos.

Jan

Here they are.Time:13:47/48pm [Canon 55-250 IS] Both the picture are crop.

Focal Length:250mm, Shutter speed 1/250

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.73/IS-on.jpg[/img]

IS on

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.73/IS-off.jpg[/img]

IS off

Now what? What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Maloyraju
    Now what? What to do?

Well I don't think you really got my point [:P] It's not a comparison. For me it was important that you knew how to work with a lens without IS. (the 70-200 f4L) Therefor it is important that you know how to handle a lens like that.

My point was that now you can take pictures at 200mm at about 1/30th 1/50th of a second and with the 70-200 you're bound to let's say a minimum of 1/200th to have a good keeper-rate. I wanted to know if you are happy with the results if you have to shoot at a minimum of 1/200th? In that case you have to push your iso a little and also have to be more steady than with a 55-250.

I hope it's getting clearer now? If you think you could live without IS, you should definitely consider buying the 70-200 f4L, because it will be worth it.

Thanks for taking time though.

Jan

The 70-200 is a very nice lens, and very well built, I have one and love it. That said,what you get with it is the better sharpness at large apertures, and the excellent construction. As long as you are stopping the lens down to 5.6-8, there will not be much difference in the image quality. If you want to shoot at F4, then its a big improvement. All lenses look very sharp at F8.

Since you are shooting in daylight, it probably won't be a big difference in IQ, if any at all.

One thing you might want to experiment with is depth of field. Buy a cheap 50mm F 1.8 lens and start practicing with large apertures and shallow depth of field. This will isolate your subject from the background and create some very memorable images.

Quote Originally Posted by scalesusa

All lenses look very sharp at F8.

Since you are shooting in daylight, it probably won't be a big difference in IQ, if any at all.

You should see this:http://www.The-Digital-Picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=104&Camera=452&Sample=0&am p;FLI=3&API=3&LensComp=456&CameraComp= 452&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=5&APIComp=3

At f8 you could see a difference in sharpness, not even to speak of color and contrast, chromatic aberrations etc etc. The 70-200 is much more valuable. IfMaloyrajucould live with shooting without IS. The 70-200 will certainly make him very happy! Much more then his 55-250.

As long as you are stopping the lens down to 5.6-8, there will not be much difference in the image quality

Thus I strongly disagree with you on this one.

If you want to shoot at F4, then its a big improvement.

That's for sure. The 70-200 is very usable at f4, it really kicks ass.

My idea remains: if he could live without IS, he would definitely be very happy with all aspects of the 70-200 f4. One downside of the 70-200 is the white/grey color, which makes you less stealthy, that's the only downside I can think of. And it's a downside which is very personal and very easy to solve so....