Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I take better pictures of this scene

Re: How can I take better pictures of this scene

I know you said no helicopters but....

THAT looks like fun.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor
    I know you said no helicopters but....

now if only it could hold an SLR!

Nice one Ben

thanks all for replying my post.

Bill, I know in this situation, the longer lens is always better. I'd like to try my 300mm first to see how it looks like.

Mbaltrusitis, the bad news is that this park will open at 7;30/AM and close at 5:00/PM. but your B&W idea really makes me excited, I can't wait to see the results.

Whatsreal, I don't expect to get either perfect lights(due to park schedule) or good BG(just the sky),so yes, capturing some interaction between the baby birds and their parents will be the only interesting thing here.thanks for the suggestion.

Nate, Sorry, I think it's my "not very good English" misled you.I was going to say I can get close to the tree. I just worried about the bad angle and BG cause the tree is pretty high. Do you have any suggestion for that?

Larry, I havn't tried any filters since I got my lens, I think I should try(maybe not this time though), thanks for your suggestion.

Chuck Lee, thank you for pointing out the weather factor, I never thought about that. but sadly, I don't have choices, Fridays are my only days to go out shoot(sometimes on Sunday for couple of hours). also car can't reach the spot, so using car or truck is not an option.

Btaylor, your helicopter with the camera looks very nice, however, I was wondering if it will makes the baby birds cry[:'(]?

also thanks Radger, Mattg ..., thank you guys for your comments too.

So I'm going to shoot on this Friday, please no rain and don't get bit by snake(I don't know if there is any).

Ok, I went to shoot the GBH rookery. kind of disappointed, I didn't have enough time to wait for something great, also 420mm plus cropped body still wasn't long enough to get good shots.anyway, here is couple of shots I took at about 4:00/pm and I thought you guys might be interested to take a look. the first picture is an uncropped picture just to show how close I could get.I'll try to shoot in the morning as soon as I get a chance. I also tried B&W, it didn't seem like excited either. thanks for viewing.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.54/DPP_5F00_0041.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.54/DPP_5F00_0040.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.54/DPP_5F00_0039.JPG[/img]