Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your favorite (or best) zoo pictures!

Re: Post your favorite (or best) zoo pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin

That is the most personality I've seen in a giraffe picture, ever!

Thanks Colin. This is actually one of the first pictures I ever blown up. I shot it with my 5DmkII and It is so sharp even at 20x30. I matted it and it's going to be a b-day gift for my girlfriend. She loves giraffes and really loves this shot.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.64/ballbear.jpg[/img]

Here's the now sadly deceased 'Hope' having fun with a ball a couple of years ago at the St. Louis Zoo. Handheld 40D with the 100-400 mm L zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Quote Originally Posted by Colin

That is the most personality I've seen in a giraffe picture, ever!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks Colin. This is actually one of the first pictures I ever blown up. I shot it with my 5DmkII and It is so sharp even at 20x30. I matted it and it's going to be a b-day gift for my girlfriend. She loves giraffes and really loves this shot.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

It's an amazing shot! Which Lens and how did you get the angle? Above it somehow?

THANKS!

The local zoo here has a platform that is about 15 feet or so off the ground where you can actually feed and pet the giraffes. This one was just coming at me and got pretty close. I cranked the f/stop to 11 to try to keep as much of his head in focus as possible. Some times I look at the image and wished I had blurred the background a little and then sometimes I think it's alright. It probably could have used a touch of fill flash but...

I used the 24-105 L @ 35mm.

Here's a few of mine when I had a chance to visit San Diego Zoo.

This photo was taken TODAY in fact... doesn't it look like he was sitting and posing just for the photo... like I brought him into my studio... put up a backdrop, told him to pose and how to pose and snapped it? haha!!

This was taken with my Canon 7D and an EF 300mm f/4 L IS I was renting.... NICE lens! Believe it or not, it was shot through fence (well I should HOPE so if you know what I mean!) but because he was so far away the fence completely blurred out.... photo still nice and crisp. Shot in medium-RAW and light edits in Photoshop and Lightroom 2.

- Jordan

www.freshphotohawaii.com

I see some really brilliant work here. That photo of the lion with the piece of meat thrown at it. Wow.

Here are two of mine, both taken at the museum of natural history in Vienna:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.38.44/Animals_2D00_1.jpg[/img]

(50D, EF-70-300, f/5.6, 1/20 s ISO200 @300mm)

And the following one:

(50D, EF 70-300, f/5.6 1/20s ISO200 @300mm

Hi,

I agree with 42molybdenum there are some great shots in this thread.

I don't like Zoo's much, prefer the animals to be in the wild, saying this, I do thinkZoo's give the photographer greatoppertunities to capture animalsthat don't live in their country.I accidently ventured past a Elephant hospitalat AyuttayahThailand two weeks ago, cruised in to take a peek seeing I was there, it's a bit like a Zoo.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.33.11/PSsx10is_2300_71-124-copy.jpg[/img]

Canon Psx10is P+S

Taken with a Rebel XT, 70-200 2.8 IS, ISO 100

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.18/IMG_5F00_0239.jpg[/img][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.18/IMG_5F00_0037.jpg[/img]

Canon 50D w/ EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 @ 300mm 1/1600 sec f/5.6 ISO 400

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.66/IMG_5F00_1245-_2D00_-Master.jpg[/img]