Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Show Shots for Flaming

Re: Air Show Shots for Flaming

One other thing to think about is processing all those shots. As always RAW is the way to go if you have the resources and time/desire to process.

Re: Air Show Shots for Flaming Air Show shot for Flaming

Keith,

Great shots. I know you guys are ga-ga over the 7D AF but I was curious about your exif?

What the heck did you set the camera to.

I've got an old 5D and 40D and the last airshow I attended I can't say I threw out much do to miss focus.

Hmmm... just what were the pros using 5-6 yrs ago? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

Keith,

Great shots. I know you guys are ga-ga over the 7D AF but I was curious about your exif?

What the heck did you set the camera to.

I've got an old 5D and 40D and the last airshow I attended I can't say I threw out much do to miss focus.

Hmmm... just what were the pros using 5-6 yrs ago? LOL

Thanks.

What is the question about the EXIF? Shooting jets I set it to Av. I was shooting with 100-400 so Av would keep me under the DLA of the 7D. I probably could have knock the ISO down to 200.

Prop planes I set to Tv set to 1/250 and ISO down to 100 and deal with diffraction.

I was touting the AF when shooting sports, air shows are pretty simple. I mostly like the 7Ds resolution for air shows. My 40Ds servo did tend to search a bit where the 7D is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B
    What is the question about the EXIF?

Kieth,

What I meant was listing the camera/lens(at the beginning if you don't want to repeat)/ISO/aperture/shutter/ for each image so readers could see your settings. That will then prompt the DLA question. I guess you had to crank the f-stop to 16 or something when shooting at 1/250th ISO 100. I wouldn't be guessing if that info was with your photos.Of-course, you thought of packing a density filter...? Didn't you?? LOL

And by all means, show us some challenging sports shots.... indoor basketball at f2.8 subject in full gate coming at you. May be a cool series to show off the frame rate and AF tracking. That'd be awesome!!

Good work man..[Y]

Re: Air Show Shots for Flaming

What is the name of the helicopter in the 5th shot? I saw 2 fly over last week down by Yuma AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

What is the question about the EXIF?

Kieth,

What I meant was listing the camera/lens(at the beginning if you don't want to repeat)/ISO/aperture/shutter/ for each image so readers could see your settings. That will then prompt the DLA question. I guess you had to crank the f-stop to 16 or something when shooting at 1/250th ISO 100. I wouldn't be guessing if that info was with your photos.Of-course, you thought of packing a density filter...? Didn't you?? LOL

And by all means, show us some challenging sports shots.... indoor basketball at f2.8 subject in full gate coming at you. May be a cool series to show off the frame rate and AF tracking. That'd be awesome!!

Good work man..[img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

<div>

Oh. The EXIF is still included in the image data. I thought you looked at that and were questioning my rational for what I used.

EXIF for any jets was 400 ISO Av 5.6 and shutters around 1/1250 to 1/4000th. If you need to know all the exacts pull the image and the EXIF is embedded.

Actually, The f-stops for 1/250th were around f/7, 1/320 got apx f/6. I actually don't own a neutral density filter. I haven't needed one in my pursuit of happiness and haven't had an instance where I've needed one (yet). The minute I have a job that I need one for I will certainly buy one. Same with polarizers.

This shot was taken by my son. He actually shot all the props since they were slower moving. I thought I'd let him have some fun.

7D Tv 1/320 ISO100 f/6.625 (no ND necessary), 100-400 @ 400.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/IMG_5F00_1444sm.jpg[/img]

I actually have to shoot an indoor Basket Ball game tomorrow so I will post a couple of those for evaluation.

Here is a football shot in day light until then

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/IMG_5F00_0187xsm.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Cropduster06

What is the name of the helicopter in the 5th shot? I saw 2 fly over last week down by Yuma AZ.

I don't what the chopper is. I'm actually not the aviation fan, my kid is. I remember him saying that it was same as a character from the Transformer movie if that helps.

</div>

Oh. The EXIF is still included in the image data. I thought you looked at that and were questioning my rational for what I used.

Keith, Apparently, I'm online image challenged. Were would I click to expose the image data? If I right click and choose properties I don't see anywhere to obtain said info. If it is necessary to download a copy of the image to obtain that info, then, honestly, I'm just too lazy. I would think most readers would think the same.

Thanks

In Photoshop: file&gt;file info.

If they are too lazy then I its a 2 way street, I'm too lazy to post it.[:S]

Alan

I'm too lazy.[img]/emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Another admission! First, he says he's an idiot, now he's says he's lazy?

[]

Quote Originally Posted by Alan

I'm too lazy.[img]/emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]

Another admission! First, he says he's an idiot, now he's says he's lazy?

[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

I'm terribly flawed. Truth is we are just starting to scratch the surface!